On May 14, 1914, the Dingman Discovery Well ushered in new era for Alberta. Today the wells are mostly still, but the local economy in Turner Valley continues to diversify. The town’s location within the greater Calgary Region – one of Canada’s most dynamic economies – provides an excellent backdrop for entrepreneurial pursuits.
Our Back to Nature inspired community on the doorstep to Kananaskis, aligns with opportunities that include ‘Artrepreneurs,’ light industry, home-based business, telecommuting, and tourism and recreational services.
Target Economic Sectors
Turner Valley’s target economic sectors include:
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Creative industries
- Tourism (infrastructure/outdoor recreation-based attractions)
Key Target Labour Force
The region supports a target labour force of:
- Self-employed (light industry servicing regional markets, hobby craft, agri-tourism, fabrication)
- Creative industry entrepreneurs
- Hospitality and eco-tourism operators