Turner Valley’s contemporary industry is diverse. Although, the community was the birthplace of Alberta’s oil and gas industry, businesses now draw free-spirits to explore. The town’s location within the greater Calgary Region – one of Canada’s most dynamic economies – provides an excellent backdrop for entrepreneurial pursuits.
Our Back to Nature inspired community on the doorstep to Kananaskis, aligns with opportunities that include ‘Artrepreneurs,’ light industry, home-based business, telecommuting, and tourism and recreational services.
Target Economic Sectors
Turner Valley’s target economic sectors include:
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Creative industries
- Tourism (infrastructure/outdoor recreation-based attractions)
Key Target Labour Force
The region supports a target labour force of:
- Self-employed (light industry servicing regional markets, hobby craft, fabrication, automotive services)
- Creative industry entrepreneurs
- Hospitality, tourism, agritourism and eco-tourism operators.