The Town of Turner Valley invites local community organizations to submit public events for posting to the online calendar and/or the electronic signboard located at the 4-way stop at Main St. and Sunset Blvd. in Millennium Park.
Event Submission Guidelines
Before submitting an event for posting to the online calendar and/or electronic signboard, please review the following guidelines:
- An event is a planned public or social occasion. Public events presented by a business will not be posted, except in the case where the proceeds of the event are contributed towards supporting a local non-profit community organization or initiative.
- Advertising for private commercial ventures will not be posted.
- If the event is located on or in a Town facility, it must be properly booked and insured.
- The event should be inclusive of the following areas only:
- Turner Valley
- Black Diamond
- Adjacent areas of the MD of Foothills
- Other exceptions approved at the discretion of the appropriate Manager.
- The event should be posted for a maximum of 10 days prior to the event date. In the case of an ongoing event occurring over an extended period, the Town reserves the right to cycle the event over 7-day posting periods until the end of the event.
- Any classes that require payment are not permitted, but free classes, or those hosted by a community organization with proceeds going towards local non-profit organizations are acceptable.
- Events and programs in other municipalities which do not directly improve the well-being of Turner Valley residents will not be posted.
Submitting an Event
The Town of Turner Valley reserves the right to make the final determination on whether an event fits with the purpose of the online calendar and/or electronic signboard.
To have an event posted to the online calendar and/or electronic signboard, please email a completed Calendar-Signboard Application, and any supporting documents, to email@example.com. Event posters should be submitted as .jpeg, .jpg or .png files; other documents should be submitted in .pdf file format.
The Town of Turner Valley reserves the right to edit information to fit in the space allowed.
Events will be posted as time allows.