Compliance Certificates

A Compliance Certificate is not a legislative necessity, but may sometimes be required for lending agencies or lawyers before the sale of a property or mortgage may be approved in order to protect their clients’ investments.

The Town of Turner Valley will supply a Compliance Certificate for a fee to confirm that the location of the building(s) on a site comply with the Land Use Bylaw.

To obtain a Compliance Certificate, submit four original copies of a recent Real Property Report (RPR) prepared by an Alberta Land Surveyor along with the $75.00 fee to the municipal office. A Compliance Certificate will be issued unless additional follow up is required with the Planning Department to address non-compliant buildings.