FCSS Grant Funding Application
Calls for applications for FCSS funding are made each year. Funds must be used by the end of the calendar year in which they are received.
2017 Call for Applications
To apply for the 2017 round of community-based grant funding, please submit a completed 2017 Regional FCSS Funding Application and Report Form by November 30, 2016 to Monique LeBlanc, Community Services and Business Development Manager. Please refer to the information outlined below and the FCSS Outcome Measures Bank when completing this document.
- Applicant groups must be community-based;
- Programs and projects must serve residents of Turner Valley;
- For-profit business and enterprises are not eligible for funding.
Programs and projects should:
- promote, encourage and facilitate volunteerism in the community;
- be preventive in nature:
- enhance and strengthen family and community life,
- improve the capability and resiliency of individuals,
- provide support that helps sustain people as active participants in the community;
- develop and implement services to directly address identified social needs;
- encourage cooperation and coordination with aligned service agencies operating within the municipality.
Funding cannot be used for the following:
- Recreation and leisure for individuals;
- Public health transportation;
- Direct financial assistance (money, food, clothing or shelter to support and individual or family);
- Rehabilitation; or
- Duplication of services offered by other government agencies.
FCSS Grant Funding Reporting
If your organization has received FCSS funding in the past year you will be required to submit a final report by January 31 of the following year. Please complete information in the grey areas of the original application and resubmit to the FCSS coordinator.
FCSS Measures Bank
The FCSS Measures Bank assists organizations in developing a program logic model for their community-focused initiative. Measures help evaluate how the local FCSS program makes a difference in the lives of people and their communities.
Further instructions for using the measures bank are included in the document linked above.
Community Services and Business Development Manager