Animal Control

The Animal Control Bylaw legislates Turner Valley’s licensing, fees, fines and animal control procedures.

Animal Licensing Fees

2011 dog days basset hound photoAll dogs and cats over 6 months of age and residing in Turner Valley require a licence. Animal licences are valid until December 31 of each year.

Animal Licencing Fees 2016

To license an animal in Turner Valley, please submit a completed Animal Licence Application form in person to the municipal office so that an animal collar tag may be issued.

Animal Licence Change forms should be submitted to replace a lost tag, report a change of address, or cancel automatic renewal notices for animals that have passed away or no longer reside in Turner Valley.

Temporary Animal Licences are available for periods of animal care lasting less than 30 days at a time.

Forms are also available at the municipal office. Payments can be made by cash, cheque or debit to the Town of Turner Valley.

Backyard Hens Licensing

As of November 2, 2015, Residents of Turner Valley are permitted to raise up to six (6) hens in a backyard henhouse.

Please read Backyard Hens – Requirements and Best Practices for more information on caring for hens, and requirements for joining the the program.

To apply to the Backyard Hens Program, complete a Backyard Hens Licence Application and submit the form along with the $25.00 registration fee, and all required documentation to the municipal office.

Backyard Hens Licences must be renewed annually. The renewal rate is $30.00, however those renewals received by the due date will be discounted $5.00.

Lost and Found Animals

To report an animal running at large, or to find your lost animal, please contact our Animal Control Officer. Every effort will be made to reunite pets with their owners as soon as possible; however, we are unable to release any animal after 6:00pm.
t. 403.333.1290 or 403.863.4341

Georgia, full logo

Turner Valley Municipal Pound

The Town of Turner Valley operates a Municipal Animal Pound which has user agreements with neighbouring municipalities. The Animal Control Officer works closely with local and area veterinary clinics, agencies and shelters on behalf of the pet owner to find and return lost animals.

Animal Concerns and Complaints

Residents with concerns or complaints about animals in Turner Valley may submit a Resident Concern Form to the municipal office or leave a detailed message, including contact information, at 403.863.4341.