In an emergency please dial 911
The Fire Department is currently recruiting.
The Turner Valley Fire Department consists of a full roster of professionally-trained paid-on-call firefighters. The department provides fire and rescue services to the Town of Turner Valley and the M.D. of Foothills as well as support to neighbouring departments.
The courses offered (NFPA 1001) are part of the the National Fire Protection Association requirements and conform to the minimum standard for professional firefighters.
The Turner Valley Fire Department accepts applications on an ongoing basis and has high recruitment standards.
Benefits of Joining the Team
- opportunities to help people, and the local community;
- a supportive team atmosphere with excellent people and equipment;
- firefighter and medical training (NFPA 1001) at no cost; and
- fun public engagement and fundraising events.
What does a firefighter do?
- respond to emergency incidents where citizens require assistance (fire, motor vehicle accidents, medical emergencies, rescues);
- interact with the community to educate on fire safety;
- attend regular training.
Requirements for Recruitment
- a strong desire to learn and advance your training and experience;
- adequate physical fitness level to perform all duties of the job
- residence within 7 km of the hall to ensure response times;
- commitment to the department which means attending training events and being available to respond to calls day or night;
- 18 years of age or older;
- professionalism while representing the department while in uniform, in trucks and on scene.
t. 403.933.5553 (non-emergency line – please leave a message)
Deputy Fire Chief